GALWAY HOCKEY CLUB are looking for a 1st Team Coach / Player Coach for 2021-2022 Season and beyond.
Galway HC is an ambitious club who is seeking to build on this season’s entry into the IHL Division 2 and become Connacht’s premier club.
The club seeks to appoint a dynamic and ambitious coach who shares our vision for the club, building on a strong base of juniors. We will accept applicants seeking a Coach or Player Coaching position and provide the springboard for an up and coming talented coach. We are aiming to put a remuneration package together that will allow a coach to travel from other provinces. Training slots and match times may be molded to suit any other commitments the coach may have.
Applicants will ideally have:
- A dynamic, hard working personality.
- Passion to develop a young and emerging squad.
- A minimum Level 1 coaching qualification, Code of Ethics certification and be Garda Vetted.
- Provide the technical and tactical direction for the 1st XI and support the 2nd XI.
- Provide effective on pitch training sessions to a high technical and tactical standard.
- To manage support staff to be effective in their roles (manager, assistant coach, fitness coach, etc.).
- Manage individual players to maximise team performance.
- Work with other coaches within the club and Club President.
Moderate remuneration and travel allowances payable to suitable candidates.
Queries can be made (in confidence) to our Club Secretary and applications should be made in writing, including an up to date CV to Merielfitz@eircom.net
The closing date for applications will be at 5pm on Friday 15th July 2021.