Galway hockey Club acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities and government guidance and complies with best practice.
There are lots of helpful documents on the Hockey Ireland website at www.hockey.ie in their E-Learning hub to help support the volunteers in our club. We encourage all to check them out.
There are three requirements for volunteers involved on a regular basis in underage hockey in our club:
1. Vetting - Garda vetting is required every 3/5 years. More detailed information here.
- Hockey Ireland e-vetting procedure details can be viewed here.
- Hockey Ireland e-vetting invitation & ID Validation Form can be downloaded here.
- Hockey Ireland Parent/Guardian Consent Form can be dlownloaded here
2. Safeguarding course - A Safeguarding 1 or the Safeguarding 1 App Refresher course must be completed every 3 years. Details of these courses can be found on the Hockey Ireland website, or the local sports partnership website.
3. Sports Leader Code of Conduct - this must be read and signed by each volunteer in our club. Download it here.
Important Phone Numbers:
|Club Vetting Officer||Siobhan Forde||086-390 4137|
|Club Childrens' Officer||Lisa Gallagher||087-949 0816|
|Club Designated Officer||Barbara Sheehan||086-820 9581|